Rachel Maddow broke down on air in an extraordinary performance after breaking news that the Trump administration officials have been sending babies and other young children forcibly separated from their parents at the US-Mexico border to at least three “tender age” shelters in South Texas was delivered live on the show.
Now don’t get me wrong, separating babies from their parents is awful. But shouldn’t we be holding the parents illegally entering the United Stated accountable?.
Is it Trump’s fault these parents decided to put their kids in this situation by illegally smuggling them over to the U.S.?
Of course not. At what point do we start holding people accountable for their actions?.
Anyway, back to the point of this article.
That performance from Maddow was outstanding, a little over the top and lame but outstanding.
If you didn’t see it, here it is:
Rachel Maddow chokes up and cries on air as she struggles to deliver news that migrant babies and toddlers have been sent to “tender age” shelters pic.twitter.com/O6crm8cvyR
— Justin Baragona (@justinbaragona) June 20, 2018
After Rachel Maddow’s on-air breakdown with her red eyes and sniffing, it occurred to me, I don’t remember seeing her shed any tears back when Barack Obama separated families.
Just to be sure I did some extensive searching around. You know what I found?
Nothing, There was nothing.
Have a search for yourself. Send something in if you find it, but you won’t.
Mostly what you find is Rachel Maddow defending Obama no matter what he did. Even on his immigration policies.
Rachel Maddow, where were was your tears when Obama separated families?.
Why are mainstream media leftist reporters cherry picking what they get emotional about?.
But let’s take a look at a few of the things the Obama admin did that Rachel Maddow didn’t shed one tear over.
- Arrested tens of thousands of undocumented parents whose kids were US citizens, causing them to lose contact with their children.
- “Disappeared” those parents in the immigration enforcement system, where they were nigh-on impossible to track down, before deporting them to countries they hadn’t lived in for as long as decades.
- Orphaned thousands of kids who were left without a legal guardian when their parents were shunted to another country.
- Sent parents of kids to places where there was more than a good chance they’d be kidnapped, tortured, sexually assaulted, killed, or sometimes all of the above.
- Traumatized both the kids left behind and the kids whose parents were undocumented but not yet arrested, which saw those kids develop symptoms of PTSD, stress-based health problems, and night terrors.
- The kids put in three different foster homes after their mother was arrested for an alcohol-infused party one of them threw.
- The son who found out the details of his deported mother’s violent murder after he Googled her name.
- The undocumented couple barred from returning to their three small children in the US after crossing over to Mexico to see a dying relative.
- The woman who became a single mother to her two kids when her husband was deported and simply vanished.
Here are some actual news photos of Obama Immigration Centers
These Photos Were Taken in 2014.
Take a LOOK!!! https://t.co/eNm3JyK2zW
— Top Blog Sites (@TopInfoBlogs) June 20, 2018
Video footage surfaces from 2014 showing that under Obama, family separations and holding centers were EXACTLY the same.
The media said absolutely nothing then, but are ramping up the propganda now because the midterms are fast approaching.
— Oliver McGee PhD MBA (@OliverMcGee) June 20, 2018
Not one mention or tear shed from Rachel Maddow.
So is this a case of we wanted Hillary to win and hate Trump fake outrage and “it’s Ok when we do it?”.
Or is her tears legitimate and Rachel Maddow actually cares now?.
Comment below your thoughts.