As the official report says, 36-year-old Empire actor Jussie Smollett was attacked ‘some time’ around
Initial reports said that the white male suspects began beating him and poured bleach on him, before tying a rope as a noose around his neck. Then they ran off yelling “this is MAGA country”.
However, in the CPD’s initial press release there was no mention of “MAGA supporters” or any mention of the race of the alleged assailants. CPD confirmed that they had not received any official information backing TMZ reporter Charles Latibeaudiere’s claim, which he alleged the attackers shouted, “This is MAGA country.” At the time, Smollett had told them their faces and hands were both covered.
CPD then went back to Smollett who then said that the men did yell “this is MAGA country.”
Then Smollett’s music manager claimed he was on the phone with Smollett when he was allegedly attacked and heard the alleged “MAGA country” attack.
Strangely enough, The actor refuses to allow Chicago detectives to access his phone in order to independently verify his manager’s claim that he heard “This is MAGA country” while they were talking.
Law enforcement officials have scoured hundreds of hours of surveillance video. There is no video of any assault.
Here’s a quick rundown of the alleged events:
12.30am: Neighbor claims to see two suspicious men, one with a rope, outside Smollett’s apartment building
2am: Smollett is filmed on surveillance cameras leaving Subway
Sometime in the next few minutes, he is attacked by the men as he talked on the phone with manager Brandon Z. Moore.
The attacked happened off camera. No video of any assault.
He is picked back up by surveillance cameras entering his apartment building afterwards,
2.35am: An ‘associate’ of Smollett’s who is with him in his apartment calls 911 to report the attack.
2.42am: Police arrive at the actor’s apartment and find him still wearing the rope around his neck. It is not fastened in a noose and is slack.
Smollett takes himself to the hospital afterwards.
But wait, there’s more.
Now, the most visited African American News Network (MTO) report that the Chicago police do not believe the evolving story of the alleged assault.
Jussie Smollett, 36, claims that he was beaten, by a group of racist Trump supporters. But now Chicago police are questioning whether the attack happened exactly as the Empire actor is claiming.
Jussie arrived in Chicago on Monday night. He was on his way to get fast food at 2 a.m. when he was allegedly attacked.
According to Jussie’s account, two masked men recognized the actor from his role as openly homosexual singer/songwriter Jamal Lyon on Empire, and shouted, “Aren’t you that f**got Empire n**ger?”
Jussie told police that the suspects began beating him and poured bleach on him, before tying a rope as a noose around his neck.
Smollett claims that he drove himself to the hospital. Eventually, the actor was discharged in “good condition” after receiving treatment for minor injuries including a cracked rib.
MTO News spoke with a person close to Jussie with INTIMATE KNOWLEDGE into the investigation – who tells us that police are not convinced that Jussie is telling them everything. The insider told MTO News, “Jussie is holding back information.”
MTO News confirmed that police told Jussie that they have SURVEILLANCE FOOTAGE of the Empire actor and that in none of the videos is the actor being followed by any alleged attackers.
The insider added, “I can’t say that Jussie wasn’t attacked. But it didn’t [happen] like he said it did, and the police don’t believe him either.”
So here’s what we have, or don’t have so far:
- No Footage of the alleged incident, therefore no evidence the attack happened as claimed.
- No solid eyewitnesses as it’s not confirmed that the two men seen by the lady around midnight are the suspects.
- Chicago detectives have not had access Smollett’s phone in order to independently verify his manager’s claim that he heard “This is MAGA country” attack while they were talking.
- A blurry photo of the “persons of interest” in the case.
- CWB Chicago, a local public safety watchdog site, reported on police dispatch records documenting that Jussie Smollett’s friend “Frank” refused EMS services for Smollett; no mention of bleach was made; “no or minor injury” was observed; and “officers never sent a ‘flash; message with offender descriptions to field units.”
- On one camera the “persons of interest” are seated at a bench. ACROSS the same street, Smollett is seen walking. Smollett is recorded on that different camera walking. The “persons of interest” are also seen
walking,but on the other side of the same street. (VIA: Rob Elgas)
- Smollett, according to investigators, walks
in tothe building, walks by building security and gets on an elevator. This video is better quality according to detectives. And what appears to be road salt is on his sweatshirt.
- The next time Smollett is seen on surveillance camera, he is entering a condo building. Police say he now has a rope around his neck and is “wearing it like a
neck tie“. About a minute (maybe less) has passed since he was seen on video.
- Jussie himself made the claim about the men yelling “this is MAGA country” in his second interview with police. Suspiciously, he didn’t make the claim in his initial
interview,but did so after it was circulated publicly.
Donations of any amount help us continue the great work we do. Any donation is appreciated:
Thank you for your support.
Having problems finding a source for real news links in real time, click on Whatfinger.com. Visit, bookmark and share this resource and then tell your friends and family.