Just as the old saying goes, it ain’t over until the fat lady sings. Which is bad news for Hillary
Tom Fitton reports it has located five emails that contained classified information on her private, non-secure server.
“These classified Hillary Clinton emails that she tried to hide or destroy show why it is urgent that the DOJ finally undertake a honest criminal investigation,” said Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton.
“These emails show how the prior sham investigation by the Comey-Strzok-McCabe-Lynch crowd was a joke. It is past time for Attorney General Jeff Sessions to order a new investigation of the Hillary Clinton email scandal.”
The five emails recently uncovered include classified material labeled “confidential” on negotiations between the United Kingdom and Northern Ireland.
They also show highly sensitive information regarding negotiations with Israel, Palestine, and France.
Here’s what the emails stated:
- On June 7, 2011, Clinton received classified information on her non-secure email account from former British Prime Minister Tony Blair, which Blair also forwarded to Jake Sullivan, about Blair’s Middle East negotiations with Israel, the Palestinians and the French
- On January 26, 2010, Clinton’s Deputy Chief of Staff Jake Sullivan sent classified information via his
unsecuredBlackberry to Huma Abedin’s State Department email account that he’d earlier sent to Clinton’s and Abedin’s non-secure @clintonemail.com email accounts about U.K. negotiations with Northern Ireland.
- An email chain dated April 8, 2010, which contains a memo from Sid Blumenthal to Hillary Clinton related to the change of government in Kyrgyzstan, contains information classified “confidential” and is redacted as “foreign government information” and “foreign relations or foreign activities of the United States, including confidential sources.” Blumenthal urges Clinton to “develop relations” with the new government in Kyrgyzstan.
- A January 26, 2010, email to Hillary Clinton from her deputy chief of staff, Jake Sullivan, is classified “confidential” and contains a “call sheet” that Clinton received prior to placing a call to Northern Ireland political leaders. It appears that the redacted portions contain the names of particular members of Sinn Fein who were invited to a particular meeting and the expectations of either themselves or other foreign ministers for the outcomes of that meeting.
- A June 13, 2009, email to Clinton from Sullivan with the subject line “Northern Ireland” is classified “confidential” and nearly completely redacted. The particular subject details are unclear.
Then FBI Director James Comey announced in July 2016 during a news conference that Hillary Clinton had sent and received countless emails on her private server that had, in fact, contained classified information. Which is a felony, per count.
GOP lawmakers are demanding that a second special counsel investigate Hillary Clinton for her emails, and Judicial Watch are constantly on the case providing overwhelming evidence that she broke the law countless times, which could actually lead to Clinton finally being held accountable for her actions.
Now with Republicans controlling both chambers of Congress and the White House, this should give them new powers to move forward with it.
But we’ll see.
Image credit: (Photo by Alex Wong/Getty Images)