A spreadsheet is circulating among House Republicans detailing over 100 potential investigations into President Trump that Democrats will launch if they win the elections in November.
The document that was reported by Axios on Sunday claims the spreadsheet have Republicans “getting ready for hell,” as Democrats will use oversight to create gridlock, or worse.
Axios reports that some of the investigations they plan to launch, based on requests for inquiries made by Democrats while in the minority, include:
- President Trump’s tax returns
- Trump family businesses — and whether they comply with the Constitution’s emoluments clause, including the Chinese trademark grant to the Trump Organization
- Trump’s dealings with Russia, including the president’s preparation for his meeting with Vladimir Putin
- The payment to Stephanie Clifford — a.k.a. Stormy Daniels
- James Comey’s firing
- Trump’s firing of U.S. attorneys
- Trump’s proposed transgender ban for the military
- Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin’s business dealings
- White House staff’s personal email use
- Cabinet secretary travel, office expenses, and other misused perks
- Discussion of classified information at Mar-a-Lago
- Jared Kushner’s ethics law compliance
- Dismissal of members of the EPA board of scientific counselors
- The travel ban
- Family separation policy
- Hurricane response in Puerto Rico
- Election security and hacking attempts
- White House security clearances
HuffPost composed a list similar to that one, based on subpoena requests by Democrats that Republicans in the U.S. House of Representatives have ignored so far. They cited a statement by Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-MD), the ranking member on the House Oversight Committee:
“If Democrats win the majority in November, we would finally do what Republicans have refused to do, and that is conduct independent, fact-based, and credible investigations of the Trump Administration to address issues like the security clearance process, conflicts of interest, the numerous attempts by Republicans to strip away
health carefrom millions of Americans, postal service reforms, prescription drug pricing, and voting rights.”
Before 2016, Democrats attempted to stifle Republican investigations into Barack Obama’s administration, especially the IRS scandal and the Benghazi terror attack.
House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-CA), who will most likely become Speaker if Democrats were to win a majority in the House in November, led Democrats to midterm victory in 2006 on similar promises of oversight and rooting out corruption
Report by Pete Andrews for MilneNews.Com
Having problems finding a source for real news links in real time, click on Whatfinger.com. Visit, bookmark and share this resource and then tell your friends and family.