August 16, 2022

Milne News

News Reported Raw, Real and Truthfully

Home » Member of extremist group ANTIFA charged in assault of Marine reservists in Philly

Member of extremist group ANTIFA charged in assault of Marine reservists in Philly

2 min read
Member of extremist group ANTIFA in Philly charged in assault of Marine reservists

A man reported to be the leader of an Antifa group in Philadelphia has been charged with assaulting a group of Marine reservists and calling them “Nazis” and “white supremacists.”

The man identified as 33-year-old Tom Keenan of Mount Airy, reportedly turned himself in to police last week after investigators released a video that showed him and two others yelling at the group of Marine reservists after the “We the People” rally on Nov. 17th in Philadelphia.

33-year-old Tom Keenan

Tom Keenan was charged with two counts each of criminal conspiracy, aggravated assault, terroristic threats, and other related offenses, Philadelphia Police confirmed.

According to police, the U.S. Marine Corps reservists called the cops after a group of “numerous males and females” approached them around 3:20 p.m. the day of the “We the People” rally.

“The suspects then maced the complainants, and then proceeded to punch and kick them,” police said in a statement. “During the assault, one of the complainant’s had his cell phone stolen by one of the male suspects.”

Some of the suspects were allegedly captured on video from a counter-protest at the “We the People” rally.

It is unclear whether the accusers participated in the “We the People” rally or the counter-protest in any way.

33-year-old Keenan turned himself in to police on Nov. 20th and was arrested.

According to Philadelphia Magazine, Keenan is believed to part of a local Antifa group – with some blogs and outlets identifying him as a leader of the group.

In 2007 Keenan was arrested as one of the so-called “Love Park 4” after an incident involving a purported Ku Klux Klan rally in the well-known park near City Hall. Philly Mag reports.

He was charged with criminal conspiracy, institutional vandalism, resisting arrest, and criminal mischief, among other offenses, and eventually made a plea deal, pleading guilty to one summary offense of disorderly conduct, while all other charges were withdrawn.

Police said the case is still open and that they are still investigating the other suspects.

Donations help keep websites like MilneNews online and grow. Any donation is appreciated:

Thank you for your support.

Leave a Reply