San Diego County supervisors are reportedly planning to sue the Trump administration releasing asylum-seeking families “so quickly
The decision was voted on during a closed-door meeting by The San Diego County board, two supervisors confirmed on Tuesday.
It was not immediately clear on what grounds the lawsuit would be argued or when it would be actually filed.
Since late October, the U.S. has been releasing asylum-seeking families so quickly that they don’t even have time to make travel arrangements, merely giving them notices to appear in immigration court.
The families often end up in shelters run by charities and wear thin border town’s resources.
U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement spokeswoman Lauren Mack said the agency doesn’t comment on pending litigation. Previously, the agency has said it has limited authority to detain families, referring to a 20-day cap on holding children.
If you enjoy what we do here at Milne News, a donation of any amount will help us continue the great work we do. Any donation is greatly appreciated:
Thank you for your support.
Get the latest news delivered straight to your inbox for free every day by signing up below.
[email-subscribers namefield=”YES” desc=”” group=”Public”]