Enough lies, here's how the attack on Jussie Smollett REALLY went down

Enough lies, here’s how the “attack” on Jussie Smollett REALLY went down

Empire star Jussie Smollett claims that two men attacked him in Streeterville early Jan. 29 as he was heading to his apartment. He said they yelled racial and homophobic slurs at him, yelled “this is MAGA country,” poured a chemical on him and put a rope around his neck.

But, this is not how it went down at all.

Jussie Smollett paid two Nigerian brothers – Abimbola ‘Abel’ and Olabinjo ‘Ola’ Osundairo. – to stage an attack against him. Smollett directed them to buy items used in the alleged assault and actually rehearsed it with them, sources say.

At least one of the brothers bought the rope used in the incident at Smollett’s request. The sources also say the “Empire” actor paid for the rope, which was purchased at the Crafty Beaver Hardware Store in the Ravenswood neighborhood the weekend of Jan. 25.

Abimbola ‘Abel’ and Olabinjo ‘Ola’ Osundairo, were questioned by police this week before being released. They said they were paid $3,500 by Smollett before jetting off to Nigeria and were promised an additional $500 when they got back to the US.

The brothers left for Nigeria later in the day on Jan. 29, after the alleged attack.

Sources said one of the brothers held the rope and poured bleach while the other wore a plain red hat and yelled racial slurs at Jussie Smollett.

After police raided the brother’s home, Police left behind an inventory list. Some of the items seized include a black face mask hat, an Empire script, phone, receipts, a red hat and bleach.

The sources also say the red hat was bought at an Uptown beauty supply store and that the attack was supposed to happen before Jan. 29. The brothers told detectives the three men rehearsed the attack days prior to it happening.

The two brothers are now cooperating with Chicago police.

Since being released on Friday night, the Nigerian brothers have been staying in an undisclosed location.

Chicago police spokesperson Anthony Guglielmi said:

“We can confirm that the information received from the individuals questioned by police earlier in the Empire case has in fact shifted the trajectory of the investigation. We’ve reached out to the Empire cast member’s attorney to request a follow-up interview.”

CBS 2’s Brad Edwards reported pn Thursday that a source with intimate knowledge of the investigation said investigators believe Jussie Smollett “potentially staged the attack.”

So there it is, the truth. Let’s stop dancing around this situation and call it what it is…a hate hoax.

If you enjoy what we do here at Milne News, a donation of any amount will help us continue the great work we do. Any donation is greatly appreciated:





Thank you for your support.

Get the latest news delivered straight to your inbox for free every day by signing up below.

Having problems finding a source for real news links in real time, click on Whatfinger.com. Visit, bookmark and share this resource and then tell your friends and family.