An illegal immigrant from Kenya was charged in Texas this week for murdering 11 elderly women, which comes in addition to charges the 46-year-old faces from 2018 for murdering another elderly woman.
The Dallas Morning News reports:
“Billy Chemirmir, 46, has been in the Dallas County Jail since March 2018 facing a capital murder charge in the death of 81-year-old Lu Thi Harris,”
“Chemirmir, a former health care worker, was indicted Tuesday on six additional counts of capital murder in Dallas County and five counts in Collin County. Chemirmir has also been accused of trying to suffocate two other elderly women in Collin County.”
WFAA reported that Chemirmir was charged this week in the deaths of the following women:
- Phyllis Payne, 91, on May 14, 2016
- Phoebe Perry, 94, on June 5, 2016
- Norma French, 85, on Oct. 8, 2016
- Doris Gleason, 92, on Oct. 29, 2016
- Minnie Campbell, 83, on Oct. 31, 2017
- Carolyn MacPhee, 81, on Dec. 31, 2017
- Rosemary Curtis, 76, on Jan. 17, 2018
- Mary Brooks, 87, on Jan. 31, 2018
- Martha Williams, 80, on March 4, 2018
- Miriam Nelson, 81, on March 9, 2018
- Ann Conklin, 82, on March 18, 2018
The Associated Press reports that the break in the case came back in March of this year when Chemirmir forced his way into the apartment of a 91-year-old woman, demanding she “go to bed, don’t fight me.” Chemirmir smothered the woman with a pillow and robbed her but paramedics were thankfully able to revive her and she gave police information that was relevant to his capture.
Chemirmir is also facing immigration-related charges for being unlawfully present in the United States.
If you enjoy the hard work we put in here at Milne News, a donation of any amount will help us continue the great work we do and stay online. Any donation is greatly appreciated:
Thank you for your support.
Get the latest news delivered straight to your inbox for free every day by signing up below.