President Trump is keeping his promise to drain the swamp and cut Obama-era holdovers from his staff, especially the National Security Council.
Officials confirmed that President Trump and national security adviser Robert O’Brien have cut 70 positions inherited from former President Barack Obama, who had fattened the staff to 200.
Many were loaners from other agencies and have been sent back. Others left government work.
….was given a horrendous report by his superior, the man he reported to, who publicly stated that Vindman had problems with judgement, adhering to the chain of command and leaking information. In other words, “OUT”.
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) February 8, 2020
Last week, Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman was returned to the Pentagon. His twin brother, Lt. Col. Yevgeny Vindman, was also given the boot. Sondiland was also shown the door.
Since entering the White House, Trump has relied on staff smaller than previous administrations and has noted how prior presidents had a much smaller NSC team.
O’Brien recently said that former President George W. Bush handled the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan with 100 NSC aides, a model he is instituting.
“This month, we will complete the right-sizing goal Ambassador O’Brien outlined in October, and in fact, may exceed that target by drawing down even more positions,” John Ullyot, the NSC’s senior director for strategic communications, told The Washington Examiner.
The National Security Advisor is expected to announce more cuts in the NSC staff this week.
If you enjoy the hard work we put in here at Milne News, a donation of any amount will help us stay online and continue the great work we do. Any donation is greatly appreciated:
Thank you for your support.
Or Via Stripe: any kind of credit or debit card: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, JCB, Discover, and Diners Club. (NO SIGN UP REQUIRED)
Get the latest news delivered straight to your inbox for free every day by signing up below.