Milne News

News Reported Raw, Real and Truthfully

49-Year-Old Florida Man Threatened Trump Supporters With a Cane Sword

49-Year-Old Florida Man Threatened Trump Supporters With a Cane Sword

A 49-year-old man from Dunnellon threatened several people holding signs supporting President Donald Trump, according to Police officials.

According to the Dunnellon Police Department, officers were called on Thursday last week to North Williams Street to investigate an armed man in an area where people were holding pro-Trump signs.

“The victims told an officer that a man, later identified as James L. Whitehurst II, had approached them during their peaceful assembly with what was described as a cane sword in hand,” a police news release said.

According to victims, Whitehurst pointed the sword toward their faces while making threats.

Whitehurst told authorities he pulled the sword from its holder and pointed it at the Trump supporters, according to officials. He told the officer he meant no harm, police said.

Trump supporters told investigators the sword was about 6 inches from their faces and they were in fear, according to officials.

Whitehurst was arrested on 10 counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and one count of disorderly conduct. He was taken to the Marion County Jail.

More to follow.

If you enjoy the hard work we put in here at Milne News, a donation of any amount will help us stay online and continue the great work we do. Any donation is greatly appreciated:





Thank you for your support.

Or Via Stripe:  any kind of credit or debit card:  Visa, MasterCard, American Express, JCB, Discover, and Diners Club. (NO SIGN UP REQUIRED)

Get the latest news delivered straight to your inbox for free every day by signing up below.

RELATED: Complete list of attacks on supporters of President Trump