November 29, 2021

Milne News

News Reported Raw, Real and Truthfully

Jeffrey Epstein’s last phone call was to his girlfriend in Belarus, new obtained records show

3 min read
Jeffrey Epstein's last phone call was to his girlfriend in Belarus, new obtained records show

Jeffrey Epstein’s last hours were spent in part on a call to his girlfriend in Belarus, made under the ruse that the billionaire pedophile was calling his long-deceased mother, according to newly revealed records.

More than 2,000 pages of Federal Bureau of Prisons (BOP) records recently obtained by The New York Times – just days before Epstein’s madame Ghislaine Maxwell is set to start trial – have revealed Epstein was a con artist up until his last day. 

On the evening of August 10, 2019, Epstein was assisted by a unit manager at the Manhattan Detention Center in making a ‘social’ phone call, The Times reported.

The call was not properly logged and the unit manager said that when he asked Epstein who he was calling, the prisoner said it was his mother.

Epstein’s mother has been dead since 2004. 

The call was actually to his Belarusian girlfriend Katyna Shuliak, 30, and lasted about 15 minutes, records show.

Epstein helped put Shuliak through dental school. He gave no indication during the call that he was going to commit suicide, according to the newspaper.   

It fits with the remainder of the unclassified pages – including a clinical intervention report – which were uncovered after The Times filed a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit. The report was filed on July 11, 2019 stated that Epstein ‘continues to deny any suicidal ideation, intention or plan.’ 

‘I have no interest in killing myself,’ the disgraced financier told a prison psychologist, according to the BOP documents. He also said he was a ‘coward’ and did not like pain.

‘I would not do that to myself,’ he added.  

During another psychological evaluation just days after arriving at the prison Epstein told a psychologist that ‘being alive is fun’.

He also reportedly requested to speak with his lawyer, brush his teeth and have a shower and the psychologist noted that Epstein was polite and even had a sense of humor.

The psychologist wrote: ‘He was future-oriented,’ and noted that he denied having ever sexually abused anyone and believed he would be released after his renewed bail hearing.

But less than a month later, on August 10, the financier hanged himself with a bedsheet, according to the medical examiner.

He was pronounced dead while awaiting trial on sex-trafficking charges and was facing 45 years in prison if convicted.

Two years after Epstein’s suicide the embattled federal jail closed down. The BOP cited crumbling security measures and infrastructure at the facility, which was once considered one of the most secure detention centers in the country. 

The 233 inmates at the prison when it closed were transferred to the Metropolitan Detention Center in Brooklyn, where Maxwell has also been staying.

Leave a Reply