Former President Trump’s first rally of 2022 was held in Florence, where several Republican candidates took the stage as well.
Speaker lineup included Lake, members of Congress
Besides Trump, speakers included several politicians:
- U.S. Rep. Andy Biggs, R-Ariz.
- U.S. Rep. Paul Gosar, R-Ariz.
- U.S. Rep. Debbie Lesko, R-Ariz.
- State Rep. Mark Finchem, R-Oro Valley.
- State Sen. Kelly Townsend, R-Mesa.
- State Sen. Wendy Rogers, R-Flagstaff.
- Kari Lake, candidate for Arizona governor.
- Anthony Kern, former state representative and candidate for state Senate.
- Kelli Ward, chair of the Arizona Republican Party.
- Alveda King, 2020 campaign advisory board member.
- Boris Epshteyn, Trump strategic adviser and 2020 campaign board member.
- Mike Lindell, CEO of My Pillow.
Thousands of spectators began to gather for the Trump rally Saturday afternoon at the Country Thunder festival grounds, with traffic backups on State Route 79. Gates opened at 2 p.m. More than a dozen ATVs lined State Route 79 just before the entrance, waving flags and cheering those lined up in their cars. A single protester stood across from a Mercedes sedan on the entry road to the venue, waving a sign with the United States code on it.
Thousands watched online as well.
The crowd went wild as former president Trump took the stage for the first time in 2022.
More from Trump rally 2022:
Full Trump rally in Florence, Arizona here:
Country Thunder Festival Grounds
20585 E Water Way
Florence, AZ 85132
Timeline of Events:
8:00AM – Gates Open
2:00PM – Doors open and Live Entertainment Begins
5:00PM – Pre-program Speakers Deliver Remarks
7:00PM – 45th President Donald J. Trump Delivers Remarks